SPRING SPORTS PROTOCOLS
While we will have extensive protocols in place for our coaches as well as are student athletes, I wanted to provide you with a breakdown of the policies as they pertain to you and your child. Please take a moment to review these protocols to ensure that when you child attends conditioning, he/she is in compliance with all expectations. Any failure to comply with these safety protocols will result in the student’s non-participation and, in such an event, a parent/guardian would need to promptly return to the school to take the child home.
Synopsis of Rules, Regulations, & Protocols
- All workouts/practices will adhere to the social distancing guidelines according to Governor Hogan, Dr. Kim Hill, and CCPS Policies.
- All workouts/practices are VOLUNTARY. However, if your child wants to attend, they must be REGISTERED for their respective sport and CLEAREDprior to attending a workout.
- When you register online, you will be mandated to provide documentation for your most CURRENT PHYSICALand sign the COVID19 WAIVER.
- If you are new to the school or you have never registered for an athletic team during your time at Westlake, you will have to take the IMPACT TEST.
- Once students are cleared you will receive an email notification.
- To complete online athletic registration, please visit: https://westlakehs-ar.rschooltoday.com
- All registrations must be turned in online 24 hours prior to the workout/practice.
- For example, if your child wants to participate on Monday, March 1st they must be registered by Sunday, February 28th at 4:00 PM. If they register after 4:00 PM on the 28th, they won’t be cleared to work out until Tuesday, March 2nd.
- All student-athletes should arrive 5-10 minutes before practice and be picked up no later than 15 minutes after practice. All work outs begin Monday, March 1 unless otherwise noted. The practice schedule is as follows:
- Tennis: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 3:00 – 4:30 PM; (Location: Tennis courts)
- Boys Lacrosse: Monday-Friday 4:00-6:00 PM; (Location: Soccer Field behind the tennis courts)
- Girls Lacrosse: Beginning Monday, March 8: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 3:00pm – 5:00pm; (Location: Soccer Field behind the tennis courts)
- Track: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 3:00 – 5:00 PM (Location: Stadium)
- Softball: Softball Diamond
- Baseball: Beginning Wednesday, March 3: Monday through Friday 4:00-6:00 PM (Location: Baseball Diamond)
- All student-athletes and coaches will need to wear a mask when they arrive and when they leave workouts/practices. They will also need to bring their own water.
- I would strongly recommend buying a gallon jug of water and putting your child’s name on it. If they fail to have water, they will not be permitted to participate.
- All student-athletes will go to their chosen sports designated workout/practice location upon arrival.
- Once there, they are to check-in with their coach.
- These workouts/practices are CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
- No one is permitted to be at workouts if they aren’t cleared. That includes parents, former players, coaches, and non-coaching staff.
- Each team will be assigned a specific area and they are not to socialize with other teams.
- Restrooms will be available in the stadium.
- Participation in these workouts does not guarantee that you will make the team when we hold tryouts.
- If there is bad weather in the forecast we will let the coaches and students know if the workouts are cancelled by 1:00.
- This decision will be sent in an email and posted on our Athletics Website
- If we have a “pop-up storm” during the workout, a plan and procedure is in place to provide the coaches and students with a safe location that will adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
- If your son/daughter is not feeling well, please do not send them to workouts.Our website has a pre-screening questionnaire to help parents/guardians.
- Contact Tracing Forms will be used by coaches for their teams. The contact tracing form is for record keeping for each conditioning session and will be filed by each coach with the Athletic Director.
- If an athlete tests positive for Covid19, the Charles County Health Department will lead the contact tracing process and notify CCPS.
- All student athletes need to be picked up no later than 15 minutes after practice.
- If a student is at the school later than this, they will not be permitted to return.
Should you have any questions about our Spring Sports Conditioning plan or the online registration process, please feel free to reach out to our Interim Athletic Director, Anthony Peck (email@example.com)
WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING COACHING STAFF
Head Softball Coach Measha Makle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Baseball Coach Dan Farrarr (email@example.com)
Head Outdoor Track Coach Beth Shook (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Girls Lacrosse Coach Kayla Marshall (email@example.com)
Head Boys Lacrosse Coach Andrew Dutrow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Tennis Coach Ron Scott (email@example.com)